Gut health impacts you in a lot of different ways and it can be challenging to know how many of these apply to you. Supporting and improving your gut health will make a big difference on these symptoms. It is one of the first things that will have a positive impact in your life.
Read this post prepared by the best holistic doctors in naturopathy how to properly manage gut healing and reduce inflammation along the way. When your gut isn’t healthy, it has a large impact on the rest of your health. It is connected to most of the other systems in your body. Some of the signs of poor gut health include:
- Poor, restless, or troubled sleep.
- Cravings – especially for sugar or sweet foods.
- Feeling inexplicably fatigued or sluggish.
- Changes in mood or mood disorders such as depression and anxiety.
- Unexpected changes in weight.
- Digestive complaints – bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, heartburn, IBS, and more.
Taking Care of Your Gut Lining
The first step to supporting your healthy gut is giving your gut time to heal. An unhealthy gut has damage and inflammation present in your gut lining. Your gut lining is made up of cells that join together, forming a security system for your body. Allowing beneficial nutrients in and keeping unwanted substances out.
When they are damaged or inflamed, these tight gaps loosen up and allow bigger things through. Book an appointment with a holistic doctor to discuss personalised approach to your gut health – just click the button below.
So, to help improve your gut health you want to work on reducing this inflammation, and support the healing of your gut lining. You can do this by:
- Reducing the hard to digest foods in your diet.
- Cutting back on the pro-inflammatory foods you eat.
- Increase the anti-inflammatory foods you eat.
- Nutritionally support your gut to repair damaged cells.
- Support a healthy gut microbiome full of beneficial gut bacteria.
Detoxification for Your Gut Health
After you’ve had some time to start your gut healing, you can then work on detoxifying the rest of your body. When your digestive system leaks, things slip through and end up in your blood stream that shouldn’t be there. Make sure you heal your gut lining first, otherwise everything you’re trying to clear out will end up slipping back through the gaps.
Have a chat with your Naturopath if you feel like any of this applies to you and they will help you to come up with a health plan that best suits your needs.