Have you seen this beautifully bright flowers around you? Read this post below prepared by naturopathic doctor near me what benefits can we get from this lovely Californian Poppy herb.
The Californian poppy is a beautiful herb; its bright orange flowers look stunning and start blooming in the spring – bringing colour to the fields. It is native to the western United States, Canada, and Mexico. It has a long history of use as a sleeping aid.
It was also used by native Americans to help relieve colicky pains, manage toothaches, and as a poultice for sores and ulcers. Women would also use this herb as a wash to help inhibit the secretion of breast milk.
Californian Poppy: Energetics & Folklore
Well known as a balancer of emotions, Californian poppy is a lovely herb for calming you during times of stress. It helps you to lose interest in or let go of the things that are causing you stress.
Blooming in spring, this herb has a strong connection with the sun. This connection lends itself to giving inspiration and creative energy. It also helps to encourage prophetic dreams and enhances your intuition.
Californian Poppy is used for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- Balancing emotions in times of stress.
- To help regulate and normalise psychological activity.
- As an aid to help improve poor sleep, nervous tension, and anxiety.
- As a gentle antispasmodic. Check other antispasmodic products here.
- To help relieve pain such as headaches, back pain, sciatica, migraines, neuralgia, shingles, and toothache.
- To help calm the nervous system, calming a rapid heartbeat, and supporting circulation.
- Relieving colic pains.
Did you like this post about Californian poppy? You can also check out these articles about healing herbs prepared by the naturopathic doctors.