Presenting our Herbal Recipe for Yeast Infection Relief
Things you’ll need:
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 tsp of organic plain yoghurt with no flavouring and no added sugar
- 2 tsp of unrefined organic coconut oil
- Cotton tampon – unbleached and organic if possible
- Pad to wear overnight
What to do:
- Mix essential oils into the coconut oil.
- Pour the yoghurt into the oil and mix well.
- Roll the tampon in the mixture and let it absorb the mix.
- Prepare for bed, inserting the tampon into your vagina. Use the overnight pad to absorb any discharge.
- Take out first thing in the morning and clean out your vagina in the shower.
- Repeat every night for a week.
This mix has a combination of things that will help restore the balance of your vaginal microbiome – which is a significant factor in women who get reoccurring yeast infections.
It will help to eliminate the yeast infection, soothe the irritated skin, promote healing and start to correct the imbalance in the microflora.
This herbal recipe for yeast infection relief is taken from a recipe in ‘Family First Aid, Medicine Cabinet & DIY Recipe Guide’ by Eric Zielinski.
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton