There are a lot of different challenges that we face in our ever-changing world. This makes the things that remain constant incredibly important in our lives, especially those anchors that have helped and supported us from the beginning.
Mothers have timeless importance that cannot be overlooked. You might be thinking about your own mother, or being a mother yourself, either way, you have experienced something that tells you just how important a mother is. Something we all need to be aware of.
So, how do you give back to someone who has made an invaluable contribution to your life?
Or, if you are a mother, what are some of the areas in life you might need some extra nourishment in?
Supporting and Nourishing Mothers
You might be thinking about your own mum, or being a mother yourself, either way, sometimes mums need a little extra support.
You can give this to yourself, or your mum, in a variety of ways including:
- Herbal teas: Comfort, Decadence, Calm in a Cup, Ground and Thrive are all beautiful naturopathically formulated blends that can help support a busy mum.
- Flower essence blends can be individually formulated or come as blends. These provide energetic and emotional support for mums. The naughty naturopath mum blends that might be most helpful are Slow down, Mumma magic, and Self-love.
- Sometimes, some nourishing skincare is something a mum needs, and Avocado moisturiser or a Rose Damask hand cream may be just the thing.
- A bath soak can help to relax and restore a tired mum; try the Deep Slumber, Pregnancy Sleep, Goddess, or Rose and Coconut milk bath soaks.
- Crystals such as rose quartz, green fluorite, amethyst, and black tourmaline can provide love, protection, and restoration to mums.
- Books always contain something helpful. A new mum may find ‘Nurturing Your New Life’ a great help in figuring out how to balance their needs with the needs of a young family.
Sometimes, things can get out of hand for mothers, and they might need a little extra help. You might need that extra helping hand from someone who cares but isn’t caught up in your circumstances. Look into some of the following areas of alternative health:
- Kinesiology: monitors muscles and their reactions to determine if there are any imbalances. These imbalances may be caused by stress, nutrition, or injuries. Correcting these imbalances helps to restore health.
- Counselling: takes a deeper, supported look at some of the issues in your life, and gain new strategies to help move forward.
- Myotherapy: helps to improve health by correcting muscle imbalances and relieving tension.
- Naturopathy: a holistic approach to health, helping to educate you to look after your own help, provides herbal and nutritional support to keep you feeling well.