This herbal recipe will help you make some sore throat balls. It uses a variety of herbs that will help soothe a sore throat and help treat whatever may have caused it. The herbs used are to support the immune system and help heal a sore throat.
Sore Throat Balls: What you Need
- 2 tsp of liquorice root powder
- 2 tsp of marshmallow root powder
- 1 tsp of slippery elm powder and some extra
- 1 tsp of echinacea powder
- ¼ tsp of calendula powder
- 1 drop of essential oil (optional) such as peppermint
What you Need to Do
- Place all measured herb powders in a bowl and add water and honey until you make a sticky paste.
- Add the drop of essential oil.
- Thicken with some extra slippery elm, knead lightly until the mixture has a consistency like bread dough.
- Roll the paste until they are the size of pills/balls.
- Roll the balls in slippery elm powder to coat.
- Place on a baking tray and dry in the sun for a day. Alternatively dry for a few hours in a very low oven, make sure you wedge open the door.
- Once dry, store in an airtight container. Keep for up to 12 months.
Taken from Rosemary Gladstar’s book; “Herbal Healing for Women: Simple home remedies for women of all ages”
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
All Kinesiology and Mind Body Medicine appointments are available both in person and online with our very own Kinesiologist. Kate began her wellness journey in her early 20’s, after no longer being able to ignore that niggling feeling that she wasn’t on her true path, or being her true authentic self. Through crystal chakra healing, […]
Read More… from Kate Pool
Ebony is a qualified Myotherapist with specialised training in pre & postnatal care and over 12 years of experience in assessing and treating pregnant women. Ebony can help provide relief & education for a range of pregnancy-related musculoskeletal issues as well as help you prepare your body for labour and birth with safe and effective evidence-based practices. Ebony is passionate […]
Read More… from Ebony Hamilton
About Christine Christine specializes in holistic counselling and is committed to finding more compassionate and effective ways to help people feel mentally well. She has worked in adult and paediatric mental health in Melbourne and Ballarat, and in education settings delivering student support programs. Taking a holistic approach to care, Christine guides clients to uncover […]
Read More… from Christine Wilson
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton