Spearmint is a member of the mint family; it is grown both for its leaves and its essential oil. This herb has been used since ancient times by different civilisations.
Spearmint originated in the Mediterranean region. Egyptians, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, and Roman cultures used this herb both medicinally and for food. Additionally, Jewish traditions saw this herb used as a strewing herb to provide fragrance on the floors of their synagogues. It was also used by different cultures to scent bath water.
All herbs from ancient times have a place in myth and legend, including Spearmint. This herb was used by students to stimulate the mind and thus enhance their learning. Symbolically, this herb has also been linked to wisdom.
Spearmint is a cooling herb that has a gently stimulating energy. It helps to support your focus and can give your brain power a boost.
Chinese medicine uses Spearmint to stimulate the movement of life energy, also known as ‘qi’, that might become stagnated in the liver.
Spearmint is used for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- Supporting memory.
- Helping relieve digestive upsets such as colic, flatulence, dyspepsia, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, and morning sickness.
- Stimulating the digestive system.
- Relieving nausea and vomiting.
- To help relieve congestion and support respiratory health.
- Help to provide support during fever thanks to its cooling effect.
- Supporting the nervous system and helping to calm anxiety.
- Easing tension and helping to give a pick-me-up.
- To help relieve headaches and nervous tension.
Certified Organic Spearmint Dried Herbs Available with the Best Naturopath in Ballarat:
25 grams = $7.99
50 grams = $11.99
100 grams = $18.99