Well known in Chinese Medicine for being a potent tonic herb, schisandra has a history of use as a significant tonic herb. It has an impact on many different organs, helping to tone and strengthen them.
While others considered it as a stimulant it was used in Chinese Medicine to ‘quiet the spirit and calm the heart’. Thus, it was often used to help support mental wellbeing for people with neuroses, poor concentration, forgetfulness, or irritability.
Schisandra is also warming, drying, and sour – an interesting mix of properties. It helps to tone and sedate the kidneys. This herb helps with conditions of extra moisture such as spontaneous sweating, diarrhoea, wet coughs, and unusual urinary output.
In Chinese Medicine, Schisandra is sometimes called the 5-flavoured herb. It is called this because it contains the 5 main elemental energies.
The restorative nature of Schisandra sees it being used to build spiritual and emotional resilience. Holding and steadying you so that your true self can shine.
Schisandra is used for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- To support acute and chronic liver health.
- Improving liver function when there is suspected or confirmed liver damage.
- As an adaptogen to support mental and physical wellbeing.
- To support the nervous system and the body in adapting to stress.
- To stimulate uterine contractions.
- Supporting respiratory health, supporting breathing and the removal of phlegm.
Certified Organic Schisandra Dried Herbs prepared by Ballarat Herbalists Available in:
25 grams = $7.99
50 grams = $11.99
100 grams = $18.99