While it has naturalised in North America, Motherwort is indigenous to Europe and Asia. As a relative of the mint family, it grows and spreads rapidly.
Motherwort is a lovely maternal herb, providing for women in all stages of life. Found growing wild in woodlands, along roadsides, and in gardens, this herb is harvested when it comes into flower – in the summer. It has long been used as a heart remedy.
A strong feminine herb, Motherwort offer matriarchal protection, offering a safe harbour for you to take shelter in. It is linked closely to the feminine but will offer shelter and a warm, settling embrace to anyone who needs help; particularly help with combatting excess energy of the heart or mind. It provides grounding through any strong emotion, including grief, stress, and anxiety. Motherwort provides serenity and nourishment to all who take it, lifting the heart and driving away negative emotion.
Motherwort is used for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- Nervous system support for people with anxiety, depression, and emotional burnout
- Cardiovascular support for conditions like irregular heartbeats, palpitations, and nervous tachycardia.
- Reducing the action of an overactive thyroid.
- Hormonal support for menstrual cycle irregularities.
- Supporting the transition into menopause
Certified Organic Motherwort Dried Herbs from our Herbal Pharmacy Available in:
25 grams = $7.99
50 grams = $11.99
100 grams = $18.99