Marshmallow root has a long history as a folk remedy to help manage digestive, respiratory, and skin conditions. It also has a history of being used for food, particularly during times of famine when other food was scarce.
A cleansing and protective herb marshmallow has a strong affinity for mucous membranes; particularly the digestive, respiratory, and urinary systems. A native of Europe this herb has been used in European herbal medicine for over 2,000 years. It has also been used in Asia.
Marshmallow has a subtle sweet flavour with a mild earthy taste. It is a gentle herb in both touch and taste marshmallow balances between light and dark. It is linked to the feminine and has a cooling nature. The nourishing nature of this herb seeks to restore and balance those who are depleted. It helps to ground and soothe unsettled energy.
Marshmallow is used for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- To help reduce inflammation, particularly of the skin and mucous membranes.
- For its antimicrobial and antioxidant activity.
- To help support the healing of wounds including the reduction of bleeding.
- To support recovery from respiratory illness, soothing an irritated throat and reducing coughing.
- Helping to support liver health.
- Helping to support blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels.
- Helping to support urinary system health.
Certified Organic Marshmallow Dried Herbs prapred by Ballarat herbalists Available in:
25 grams = $7.99
50 grams = $11.99
100 grams = $18.99