The name for this herb, eyebright, in Greek is Euphrasia; it is believed to be named for the gladness you feel once it restores your eyes to health. It was the herb of choice throughout the 16th century for herbalists treating various conditions involving the eyes.
Eyebright has a long history of being used medicinally for eye ailments. In Europe, it has been used for centuries to help relieve redness and irritations of the eyes. The first records of Eyebright use can be found in a German book on medicinal herbs – from 1485.
This herb wants us to come to a true understanding of the joy of vision. It helps us to open our eyes, so that we can see the world. Too often we let our own preconceptions blind us to the reality of the world around us. A sight that shouldn’t be frightening, but inspiring and full of joy. Tip the common view of vision being scary on its head – and be empowered instead.
Eyebright is used for a wide variety of purposes including:
- Helps to reduce swelling in inflamed nasal passages.
- Aids in the management of allergies thanks to its antihistamine properties.
- Supports bronchial health.
- Reduces swelling in sinuses.
- To help reduce inflammation around the eyes.
- Reduces mucous production by the eyes and reduces mucous membrane inflammation.
- To soothe coughs and colds.
Certified Organic Eyebright Dried Herbs from Ballarat Health Shop Available in:
25 grams = $7.99
50 grams = $11.99
100 grams = $18.99