Bacopa is also known as Brahmi, which is its name in Sanskrit. It has been used as a nerve tonic since time immemorial in Aryurvedic medicine.
India has classified it as a medicinal plant that rejuvenates both memory and intellect, where it has been used for around 3,000 years. Throughout the years, as it continued to be used, Bacopa earned a reputation as a reliable and important brain tonic. Bacopa has also been used as a tonic to promote intellect and support longevity.
This herb is often still used as a brain tonic, but it also has other properties that make it beneficial. The energetics of this herb support its use in improving your mood and helping to stabilise it positively. It is a cooling bitter, which indicates that it will also support digestive function.
The herbal actions of bacopa that are still used in modern herbal medicine include:
- Antioxidant: helps to scavenge free radicals and supporting your body’s inbuilt antioxidant system.
- Neuroprotective: protects key memory areas in the brain by protecting the lipids and proteins in the brain from oxidation.
- Adaptogen: helps the body to adapt and provides what it needs in response to stressors.
- Cognitive support: helps to enhance cognitive function, one way it does this is by supporting synaptic plasticity.
- Nervous system support: helps to support your nervous system and can help reduce anxiety.
Certified Organic Brahmi / Bacopa Dried Herbs Available in:
25 grams = $7.99
50 grams = $11.99
100 grams = $18.99
Collect some of organic dried herbs as Ballarat herbal medicine from our apothecary in Victoria, AU.