Sometimes after you have caught a virus, you can end up with a feeling of weakness and tiredness that lingers. Even after you have successfully fought off the virus, you can feel like your energy is constantly being sapped away. You can feel unwell in a way that lingers, lasting days to months after all other symptoms have been resolved. Read this post below about managing and supporting post-viral fatigue symptoms prepared by the best naturopaths near Castlemaine and Ballarat.
You might find yourself feeling completely mentally and physically exhausted. No matter how long you sleep nor how well you look after your health – you still feel tired.
Post-Viral Fatigue Symptoms
Along with this persistent sense of tiredness, you can also experience the following symptoms:
- Unrefreshing sleep and rest,
- Changes to how well rest helps you recover from activity or exercise,
- Trouble concentrating, mental confusion, and/or headaches,
- Muscular aches and pains, stiff joints, and
- Lingering signs of illness such as swollen lymph nodes or a sore throat
Some of the things that you can do to help manage your fatigue include:
- Rest: help support quality rest, try to get to bed early and don’t stay awake late watching TV or on your phone. Try meditation and breathing exercises to support rest and relaxation. Keep stimulating sensory input to a minimum before sleeping.
- Activity: try not to over-do things; keep physical and mental activities low-energy.
- Nourishment: try to keep eating and drinking, even if your appetite is low. If you can’t manage food keep your fluid intake up. Help support your health with our selection of organic products here.
- Movement: keep your body moving to support circulation and digestion. If you can’t get up and move, try some gentle stretches in bed.
- Time: give yourself time, allow yourself to recover. Don’t push too hard too soon.
Recovery for post-viral fatigue varies wildly between different people. If you leave things to happen naturally, it is important to consider what virus caused it – some viruses can take years to recover from.
Should you find yourself not bouncing back after a couple of weeks, have a chat to your health care provider. If you see a Naturopath, they can help support your energy levels and immune system to help you recover faster. They may suggest different herbs and supplements to help support your health.
If you like this post about post-viral fatigue, you may want to check other healthcare articles prepared by the best naturopaths in Castlemaine and Ballarat. Want to have a chat with them? Book your spot here.