This soothing syrup is perfect for those hacking chesty coughs. Marshmallow Root Cough Syrup is easy to prepare, suitable for all ages, and tasty enough that no one will complain when you say it open wide.
- 5 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons dried ginger root
- ½ cup dried chamomile flowers
- ½ cup dried marshmallow root
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups local honey
- 1 lemon
We sell all of these ingredients at Acorn and Oak.
- Add the water and dried herbs – including cinnamon – to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Use medium heat.
- Boil for 3 minutes. Lower heat until the mixture maintains a gentle simmer.
- Simmer until the volume is reduced by half.
- Once reduced to half, remove from heat. Strain through a cheesecloth or sieve to remove all plant material.
- While the liquid is still warm add the lemon and honey. Stir until well combined.
- Pour it into jars. Label and store in the fridge.
Your tasty soothing Marshmallow Root Cough Syrup is now ready for your little folks!
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton