All of us face the problem of sweating when we work too hard, or we get too hot. What isn’t as easy is finding a deodorant that can help with that which is also friendly for your body. Worry, no more! This herbal deodorant is something you can make at home yourself – and doesn’t have a long list of ingredients!
Making The Infused Oil
This herbal deodorant recipe is a two-step process; first, you will need:
- 750mL jar with an air-tight lid
- 1 cup of dried organic lavender
- 1 cup of dried organic sage
- ¼ cup of organic coconut oil
- 2-3 cups of sweet almond oil, preferably organic
- Fine mesh sieve
Then follow these instructions:
- Place the herbs into the jar.
- Melt the coconut oil on your stove using a low heat, add to the jar.
- Fill the rest of the jar up with the sweet almond oil.
- Put the lid on the jar and cover it. Store somewhere cool and dark to infuse for 2-6 weeks – the longer the better.
- Before using the infused oil strain out the herbs using your sieve.
Making The Herbal Deodorant
Then, to make the deodorant, you will need:
- ½ cup of your sage and lavender herb infused oil
- 60g of organic beeswax
- 30g of organic shea butter
- 20-30 drops of your choice of organic essential oils; you might like to start with lavender, sage, and sweet orange.
- 2 Tbsp of arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- A double boiler
- Half circle molds or empty deodorant containers
Lastly, make your deodorant following these instructions:
- Put the infused oil and beeswax into the top container of a double boiler. Stir while the beeswax melts.
- Once the beeswax has completely melted add the shea butter. Stir until it dissolves.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the essential oils. Then stir in the arrowroot powder and the baking soda. Stir for a couple of minutes to thoroughly combine – the mixture will start to thicken.
- Pour into the molds or containers. Allow to set for a few hours before using.