When you use this juniper infused honey, you get the healing benefits of honey paired with the medicinal properties of juniper. This honey is beautiful for helping to calm inflammation and support digestion. Grab a copy of this DIY recipe from our apothecary near Bendigo and Castlemaine.
Juniper berries are full of beneficial plant compounds including antioxidants and vitamin C. You can stir a spoonful of this honey into your herbal tea to help boost its healing properties.
What You Need
- 1 cup of dried organic juniper berries
- 1 ¼ cup of raw organic honey
- 500ml glass jar with lid (sterilised)
How To Make DIY Juniper Honey Recipe
- Place the herbs in the jar, pressing them in if needed.
- Pour in the honey. It should fully cover the herbs.
- Stir to make sure all the herbs are covered. Add more honey to top it up if needed.
- Store somewhere dark for two weeks.
- Strain the herbs from the honey using a sieve.
- Store in a cool, dark place and use as needed.
This DIY herbal guide is adapted from a recipe by Magdalena from ‘Hormone Balance’.
Check a numerous list of DIY herbal recipes prepared by our apothecary.