Try something a little more natural to help look after your teeth with this herbal toothpaste recipe.
Sometimes knowing how to best approach your dental health can be difficult. There are a lot of people who don’t enjoy a visit to the dentist.
This herbal toothpaste recipe will taste different from most other toothpaste you can buy, but it offers a lot of the same health benefits thanks to the properties of the herbs.
What You Need For This Herbal Toothpaste Recipe
- ¼ of a cup of organic dried sage – get them here
- ½ of a cup of organic dried peppermint
- ¼ of a cup of organic dried chamomile
- 2 Tbsp of organic dried cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- A mortar and pestle
- Mixing bowl
- Airtight amber jars for storage
Easy Steps To Do
- Place all herbs in the mortar and pestle, grind your herbs until you create a fine powder.
- Tip the herbal powder into the mixing bowl, add baking soda and melted coconut oil.
- You may need to add more or less coconut oil; find a consistency that works for you.
- Spoon your paste into the jars for storage.
Adapted from a recipe by Stacey & Miranda in their book ‘Plants of Power’.
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton