While ear infections are common in children, they also often respond well to herbal treatments. So, here’s a FREE herbal recipe guide for treating your kids’ ear infections.
There are many different approaches that can be tried, especially if the infection is caused by an antibiotic resistant strain of bacteria. This is an oil you can try next time your child has an ear infection.
What You Need
- 5 cloves of fresh organic garlic
- 120mL of organic olive oil
- 20 drops of organic eucalyptus essential oil
- Baking dish
- Amber bottle
- Muslin cloth
What To Do: Ear Infections Herbal Recipe
- Chop the garlic into fine pieces, place it in the baking dish and cover with olive oil.
- Cook over low heat overnight.
- Strain the oil, pressing the garlic cloves well.
- Add the eucalyptus essential oil and mix it through the oil.
- Place in an amber glass bottle for storage.
How To Use This Kids’ Ear Infections Organic Treatment
- Take a glass eye dropper and hold it under hot water for a minute.
- Dry well but quickly before using the dropper to suck up some of the ear oil.
- Place 2 drops in both ears every half hour or less frequently as needed. Continue for 2-7 days.
Adapted from a recipe by Stephen in their book ‘Herbal Antibiotics’.
And if you are looking for more FREE herbal recipe guides for treatment from our apothecary near Victoria, Australia, check our list here.