Even though winter is getting closer to an end, the weather is yet to get much warmer. The pouring rain and cold weather are just a couple of hints that your chances of catching a cold are still higher. If you catch a cold, or have a cough or sore throat, a cough drop can be just what you need. The herbs in this herbal cough drops can help to soothe your throat.
Herbal Cough Drops: What You’ll Need
- 1 cup of raw organic honey
- 1 a cup of raw organic coconut oil
- 4 tsp of dried organic marshmellow
- 2 tsp of dried organic cinnamon
- ½ tsp of dried organic ginger
- Some sort of grinder
- A mini ice-cube tray
What To Do
- Put all the herbs into the grinder.
- Grind them into a powder, put aside for later.
- Put the coconut oil into a bowl.
- Add honey to the coconut oil, mix well – you may want to use a blender for this step.
- Once well mixed, add the powdered herbs.
- Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the ice-cube tray, or other mold.
This herbal cough drops recipe is adapted from a recipe by Carol from ‘Studio Botanica’.