Including yarrow in this facial steam can help to lower fever and reduce congestion. Get a copy of this herbal recipe of facial steam from Bendigo apothecary.
There are a lot of herbs that are beneficial for your health, especially during winter. Yarrow is one that grows easily and is very versatile.
What You Need For Herbal Facial Steam
- A large bowl, preferably heatproof
- A towel
- ½ cup of dried organic yarrow
- ½ cup of dried organic rose petals
- ½ cup of dried organic rosemary
- ½ cup of dried organic calendula
- ¼ cup of dried organic spearmint
- 6 cups of boiling water
What To Do
- Add all the herbs to your bowl and mix well.
- Pour the boiling water over the herbs. Cover with towel and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Lift the towel, lean over the bowl, and use the towel to trap the steam.
- Breathe in the steam for 10 minutes.
Adapted from a recipe by Stacey & Miranda in their book ‘Plants of Power’.
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton