In places where the culture is not explicitly designed to honour this time immediately after birth, women have to take measures to create their own sanctuaries of relaxation and restoration. At first, the amount of support we need seems surprising, maybe even excessive, especially given the superwoman ideal currently prevalent in the Western world. Women are supposed to give birth and bounce back without missing a beat. Yet the truth is, a new mother needs to be mothered herself, so she can effectively learn how to mother her baby.
In this workshop, we’ll learn about the importance of the first forty days of postpartum rest and recovery and help you make a plan to integrate it into your postpartum journey.
- The First 40 Days approach to postpartum and how you can adapt it into your life
- Breastfeeding and what to expect
- Protecting and healing the pelvic floor
- Foods that help support healing
- Safe return to exercise
- The importance of having people hold emotional space for you to share your birth story and feelings of early motherhood
- Includes morning tea and Postpartum gift bag
Saturday 2nd February, 2019
To purchase tickets tix.yt/the-postpartum-plan
For more information about Ebony and Untangled living visit www.untangledliving.com