Introduced to the world of herbal medicine by the North American Indians, this herb can trace its roots back to the 1600’s. Black Cohosh is a powerful herb – a little of which can go a long way. It’s important to not overuse this herb and be respectful of its potency.
This herb is great for women’s health issues and as a reliever for chesty coughs. It has great power, helping to balance both the nervous system and the menstrual system.
Black Cohosh: Energetics
Black Cohosh has a feminine nature, full of fortifying and balancing energy. It is a great support for your nervous system, helping to relieve the sensation of a ‘black cloud’ floating overhead.
The ability of this herb to balance gives it great potential to support the nervous system; something we could all use help with. It can be hard to balance the stress in our lives and Black Cohosh is very helpful in helping you feel grounded.
Black Cohosh is used for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- As a treatment for rheumatism and to help relieve both muscular and neurological pain.
- To aid in the relaxation and regulator for female reproduction.
- To help relieve painful periods.
- To help stimulate delayed periods.
- To help relieve cramping pain in the womb.
- In the management of sciatica and neuralgia.
- To reduce spams in the lungs for conditions such as whooping cough.
- Help in the management of hot flushes and sweating during menopause.