If you’re looking for another way to bond with and support the health of your little one, you can try this massage oil. This DIY baby massage oil from our Ballarat apothecary is a lovely addition to your routine, especially around either bedtime or naptime – helping to relax your baby and encouraging them to sleep.
When you go to use the oil, pour about ½ a tablespoon onto your palm. Warm the oil by rubbing your hands together then gently massage it into your baby’s skin.
What You Need For This DIY Recipe
- 120mL of sweet almond oil
- ¼ of a cup of dried organic calendula
- ¼ of a cup of dried organic chamomile
- 5 drops of organic lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of organic cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops of organic ylang ylang essential oil
- 120-200mL amber glass bottle
- A fine-mesh sieve
- Muslin or cheesecloth
How To Make This DIY Baby Massage Oil
- Using a double boiler – or a bowl above a pot of water – put the oil and dried herbs into the top half.
- Bring water to a boil, drop to a simmer, and leave the oil to infuse for 45 minutes. Check the water level occasionally. Top it up if necessary to keep the water level consistent.
- Place the sieve, lined with the muslin/cheesecloth, over a bowl and pour the oil through it to strain out the herbs. Discard the herbs.
- Pour the infused oil into your amber glass bottle. Add the essential oils.