This decongestant herbal steam recipe will help relieve congestion. It contains a variety of herbs that have high levels of volatile oils. They will help to clear your airways and make breathing easier.
What You Need:
- ¼ cup of eucalyptus leaves
- 2 Tbsp of dried organic peppermint
- 2 Tbsp of dried organic rosemary
- 3 Tbsp of dried organic thyme
- 1 Tbsp of dried organic lavender
- ¼ cup of fine Himalayan Sea salt
- 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Jar for storage
- Large bowl
- 4-6 cups of water
What You Need To Do: Decongestant Herbal Steam
- Mix the essential oils into the sea salt until evenly distributed.
- Add the herbs and mix everything together. Store in a large jar in a cool, dark location when not in use.
- Bring 4-6 cups of water to boil.
- Put 1 heaped Tbsp of the herb mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the herbs. Cover the bowl. Let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel and position your face over the bowl, using the towel as a tent to hold the steam in.
- Keep your eyes closed and breathe in the steam for up to 10 minutes at a time.
This DIY recipe is adapted from a book by Christina Anthis.
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
All Kinesiology and Mind Body Medicine appointments are available both in person and online with our very own Kinesiologist. Kate began her wellness journey in her early 20’s, after no longer being able to ignore that niggling feeling that she wasn’t on her true path, or being her true authentic self. Through crystal chakra healing, […]
Read More… from Kate Pool
Ebony is a qualified Myotherapist with specialised training in pre & postnatal care and over 12 years of experience in assessing and treating pregnant women. Ebony can help provide relief & education for a range of pregnancy-related musculoskeletal issues as well as help you prepare your body for labour and birth with safe and effective evidence-based practices. Ebony is passionate […]
Read More… from Ebony Hamilton
About Christine Christine specializes in holistic counselling and is committed to finding more compassionate and effective ways to help people feel mentally well. She has worked in adult and paediatric mental health in Melbourne and Ballarat, and in education settings delivering student support programs. Taking a holistic approach to care, Christine guides clients to uncover […]
Read More… from Christine Wilson
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton