This decongestant herbal steam recipe will help relieve congestion. It contains a variety of herbs that have high levels of volatile oils. They will help to clear your airways and make breathing easier.
What You Need:
- ¼ cup of eucalyptus leaves
- 2 Tbsp of dried organic peppermint
- 2 Tbsp of dried organic rosemary
- 3 Tbsp of dried organic thyme
- 1 Tbsp of dried organic lavender
- ¼ cup of fine Himalayan Sea salt
- 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Jar for storage
- Large bowl
- 4-6 cups of water
What You Need To Do: Decongestant Herbal Steam
- Mix the essential oils into the sea salt until evenly distributed.
- Add the herbs and mix everything together. Store in a large jar in a cool, dark location when not in use.
- Bring 4-6 cups of water to boil.
- Put 1 heaped Tbsp of the herb mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the herbs. Cover the bowl. Let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel and position your face over the bowl, using the towel as a tent to hold the steam in.
- Keep your eyes closed and breathe in the steam for up to 10 minutes at a time.
This DIY recipe is adapted from a book by Christina Anthis.