As the weather turns warmer, you know that Spring is on its way. All sorts of plants seem to burst out of the ground. Having survived the cold of Winter, they use their stored energy to quickly grow in Spring. One herb that seems to pop up quickly is the dandelion. Perhaps better known as a weed, it is also beneficial for your health. Try turning this weed into an herbal bitter that will help to support your digestive health. Continue reading below to get your FREE dandelion root bitters herbal recipe from an apothecary in Victoria, Australia.
What You’ll Need: Dandelion Root Bitters
- ½ cup of dried organic dandelion root
- 4 tsp of dried organic mandarin peel
- 1 tsp of dried organic cinnamon
- ½ tsp of dried organic ginger
- 750mL of vodka, preferably with a higher percentage alcohol
- A jar large enough to hold everything
What To Do For This Herbal Recipe
- Put all the dried herbs into the jar.
- Pour in the vodka. Cover the jar, or put its lid on, and leave it in a cool, dark spot out of direct sunlight for 4-6 weeks.
- Strain out the herbs with a sieve.
- Store in the fridge and use as needed.
- Have 2-3mL before a meal to stimulate digestion or add to a glass of water for a refreshing tang.