Make your own NATURAL FACIAL CLEANSER using the very lovely chamomile flowers!
You need to Prepare:
- 10 drops organic jojoba oil
- 2 tsp olive or almond oil
- 3 Tbsp dried chamomile flowers
- 1 ½ cups of distilled water
- ½ cup liquid Castile soap
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 10 drops rose geranium essential oil
You need to:
- In a double broiler, slowly heat the jojoba and olive/almond oils.
- Carefully add the dried chamomile flowers.
- Infuse for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Keep it at a gentle simmer, but don’t boil.
- Strain the oil to remove the flowers, put it in a separate container and cover it to keep warm.
- Pour the water into a jar. Add the soap, honey and warm oil. Shake gently.
- Add the rose geranium essential oil. Shake gently once more.
- Store in a cool place.
Take note of this: Don’t let the oil get too hot or the beneficial properties it has will be ruined.
Get the most of your beautiful face with this natural facial cleanser recipe.
Check other Acorn and Oak’s healthy and natural products here.
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton