There are a lot of different things that you can do that cause muscle pain. Most often it occurs following overuse or injury following exercise or hard physical work. Pain caused this way tends to be readily identifiable, you know what you’ve done. Repeating a similar motion, or the activity itself, causes the pain to flare up.
Muscle pain isn’t limited to one muscle. The pain can also impact the ligaments, tendons and soft tissue that helps to connect muscles. Continue reading this post written by the best homeopaths to learn what are the most common causes of muscle pain and some herbal helpers to ease the pain.
Most Common Causes of Muscle Pain
You know the normal cause of muscle pain, but there are other reasons that you might be experiencing pain. These include:
- Infections such as the flu.
- Tension, stress, or overusing a muscle without warming up.
- Injury or trauma to the muscle.
- Side effect of some medications that lower blood pressure and/or cholesterol.
- An imbalance in your electrolytes.
There are a lot of different herbs that can help relieve muscle pain, these include:
- Turmeric: helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- Devils claw: known to help reduce pain.
- Ginger: helps to relieve inflammation and pain.
- Arnica: is well known to help with trauma and inflammation
Home Remedies for Muscle Pain
Some things that you can try at home if you need some immediate relief include:
- Apply some warmth to the area if its 72 hours after the injury.
- Try a massage or some gentle stretching.
- Support your body by making sure that you get enough sleep.
- Improve and support your muscle tone with stretches.
After trying the methods above and still the pain lingers, you may book an appointment with best reflexologist near Bendigo and Ballarat. Just click the button below for more info.