There is one bad thing about being out near the water…mosquitoes. These little insects leave behind a bite that is often itchy and irritating.
Thankfully, we can do something about the itch. In this post, we will be exploring how to make your own – Bug Bite Roll on – a natural remedy based on essential oils that helps to relieve the itchiness.
What You Need:
- 10mL amber glass roller bottle
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10mL (approximately) of a carrier oil such as avocado, sweet almond, olive, coconut, jojoba, or grapeseed.
Bug Bite Roll On – What To Do:
- Take the glass roller bottle and add the peppermint and lavender essential oils.
- Using your carrier oil, fill the amber bottle the rest of the way up.
- Place on lid and roller firmly.
- Shake the bottle until the essential oils and the carrier oil are well blended.
Now you have a bug bite roll on that you can apply to any itchy or irritating bites you may have. It will help to soothe the sting and provide relief.
Taken from a recipe in ‘Family First Aid, Medicine Cabinet & DIY Recipe Guide’ by Eric Zielinski
Katherine is a certified naturopath and the founding director of Acorn and Oak. She began studying Naturopathy when she was 18 years old and has practiced in both Melbourne and rural Victoria. She has also studied 2 1/2 years of nursing and midwifery, but decided that she was happier to work with women as […]
Read More… from Katherine Knott
Nicki has always been drawn to Holistic Health and she follows in her mother’s footsteps who is a Reflexologist and Natural Therapist. Nicki was inspired to study Herbal Medicine after attending one of Dr. Sandi Rogers’ (Naturopath, Director of National College of Traditional Medicine and former President of Australian Traditional Medicine Society) seminars on ‘Fruits […]
Read More… from Nicki Stewart
Alyce is qualified naturopath in Ballarat who loves supporting people on their health journey. Alyce believes optimising and restoring health first and foremost begins with food as medicine and creating healthy lifestyle habits. She is passionate about providing a safe, non judgement environment and endeavours to support her clients with strategies they can implement into […]
Read More… from Alyce Beaton